Convention Data Services (CDS), a Freeman Company, is the trusted partner in the live events industry for conference event registration, business intelligence, and lead management servicing top show organizers worldwide. Headquartered in Bourne, MA (Cape Cod), CDS has been providing customized applications and support services for more than 30 years.
The Systems Administrator is a highly motivated, experienced tech enthusiast, working with department leaders and team members to deliver globally scalable tech solutions to the events industry. You’ll be hands-on helping us as we migrate to Azure cloud services, removing physical servers, managing our HQ and onsite networks at events, and providing technical support to our internal teams and onsite teams.
You’ll be joining a growing team with an established track record of success managing custom-built solutions, integrating with other industry leaders, and bringing new products and services to life. We value diversity of opinion and thought, and put our trust in each other to ensure we succeed as a team. This position will report to the Manager of IT.
Design & Manage World-Class Infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise, hands-on configuration and troubleshooting, and recommendations to ensure we’re operating at the top of our ability with our products and services.
- Ensure our solutions are scalable and reliable from our test and live environments in the US, and enable us to provide the same globally.
- Partner with our Product and Business teams to provide research and guidance to launch new, industry-leading tools and custom-developed products.
Provide Proactive Monitoring & Guidance
- Recommend, setup, and manage monitoring services on our products so we can provide proactive action on our products.
- Provide recommendations on vulnerabilities and “single points of failure” in our infrastructure so we can implement preventative measures and avoid incidents effectively.
- Track metrics from various points in our infrastructure to continue to improve our architecture – from our workstations, to servers, to cloud services – and take action on the results.
Ensure Secure, Reliable Tools & Data
- Ensure each asset in our infrastructure is up to date and reliable with the latest versions, patches, and monitoring tools.
- Manage and monitor any key components of our infrastructure for vulnerabilities, weak points of reliability, performance constraints, and make and execute recommendations.
- Ensure our assets and data are secure between our front-end products and back-end systems, at-rest and in-transit across our network.
Be the Front Line for Internal Teams
- Establish and work within our SLA for responding to ticket issues, troubleshooting hardware and software errors, documenting problems and resolutions, and prioritizing tickets and critical issues based on impact to customer experience.
- Install and upgrade team workstation and server components and software, and setup/deploy automated processes where possible.
- Ship, receive, recycle, and document assets in coordination with our Finance and Logistics teams.
- Partner with a senior mentor to expand the practices and expertise needed to succeed and advance with these characteristics.
- Have measurable goals and action plans with your team and manager to build demonstrable examples of the characteristics of this role.
- Begin sharing IT best practices and methodologies with other tech and business teams so we stay aligned on how we achieve our tech aims and ensure a solid architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Systems, or a related STEM field
- 2-4+ years of experience working in Microsoft 365 or IT engineer, admin, and/or migration role(s)
- Hands-on proficiency with any of the following: Windows OS/Server, MS Exchange Online, Active Directory/Azure AD, ADFS, Azure Passthrough Auth, MFA, MS Teams, etc.
- Preference for experience working with any of the following: PowerShell/scripting, public cloud computing (Azure/AWS/GCP), servers & virtualization, networking, data center, security, etc.
- Proficient verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills
Work is performed primarily on-site in our Bourne headquarters, with occasional remote work, and on event sites around the country or even internationally. Working times may, although rarely, include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at CDS, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing
- Flexible PTO policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development