Position Product Support Specialist
Department Product Development
Reports To Chief Technology Officer/Product Development
Status Full-Time/Non-exempt Position
Provides responsive quality customer service and support to both internal and external customers in the area of corporate software and services including but not limited to web applications, desktop applications and mobile apps. Performs immediate analysis of issues/questions and directs the implementation of corrective action to restore function and avoid recurrence. Records all incidents while maintaining accountability and ownership until resolved. Monitors progress on problem resolution and initiates timely feedback to management and the customers. Performs customer follow-up to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level.
Responsible for creating documentation that is stored in the knowledge base for all staff to reference for troubleshooting. Maintains case history in a case management system.
Direct Client Contact Yes
Direct Reports No
Travel Required Occasional
- Provides highly effective and efficient technical system and user support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Resolves technical issues, detects patterns of occurrences, and coordinates with staff regarding handling resolutions to persistent problems.
- Analyzes challenges, recommend solutions and initiates corrective actions and creates the proper documentation for future reference.
- Exercises sound judgment while problem solving customer challenges.
- Communicates to customers in non-technical language regarding the status of reporting and/or data management.
- Assists with setup, configuration, and testing of a variety of mobile, desktop and web-based software applications.
- Ensures badges and equipment are set up properly and that data captured is tested effectively for applicable events.
- Responds to technical support requests promptly, professionally, and effectively.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills providing remote support services.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Broad technical knowledge/awareness encompassing both software and hardware (geek stuff).
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot technical issues related to software applications, hardware and related windows OS software (printer drivers, folder permissions, etc.)
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented and highly accurate.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are required to interact with exhibitors, clients, and event teams.
Four-year college degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience is required.
If you are interested in this position, send your resume to: email@example.com
This position summary outlines the general nature of the duties and requirements of this position. The Company reserves the right to change, modify or amend the duties and requirements of the position as needed.
Convention Data Services is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by Federal, State, or Local law.