Convention Data Services has a new job opportunity.
Position .NET Software Developer – MVC (mid-senior level)
Department Product Development
Reports To CTO and Technical Team Lead
Status Full-time position
Developer for a new SaaS event registration product built on .NET MVC (C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2014). Works within a scrum team to design and develop software products in the Microsoft .NET environment; creates technical documentation for developers and works with Product Owwner to develop end user documentation.
Direct Client Contact Light
Direct Reports No
Travel Required Light
- Serve as mid-level or senior-level developer for a small, senior product development scrum team.
- Participate in the development of a next-generation SaaS platform, primarily built upon ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Api, and SQL Server 2014 technologies. The platform includes multiple components including but not limited to data model and persistence layer, web-services based business tier, business rules engine, UI tier, and integration components.
- Help establish best-practice development standards by working with developers both within and outside the core team.
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocol to identify and correct defects.
Technical Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum 10 years end-to-end web development experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with C# and web development frameworks. Experience with .NET MVC 4+ required.
- Experience designing and developing multi-tenant SaaS products preferred.
- SOA, web services, REST.
- Minimum 5 years experience with relational database design and development (SQL Server).
- Experience working in agile/scrum programming environment.
- User Interface design and development a plus.
- Git/hub experience preferred.
- Test-driven development and CI/CD experience preferred.
Other Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and multiple tasks simultaneously while performing within tight time constraints.
- Creative problem solving skills a must.
Four-year college degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience is required.
This position summary outlines the general nature of the duties and requirements of this position. The Company reserves the right to change, modify or amend the duties and requirements of the position as needed.
Convention Data Services is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by Federal, State, or Local law.